[Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Problem with getting clear FM signals using the

From: Mike Jameson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Problem with getting clear FM signals using the usrp e110
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 12:40:49 +0100

Here are some pointers for you:

- Firstly, your screenshot shows the error message saying that the RX frequency is not valid. I'd recommend using a WBX daughterboard, however the BasicRX should still work with strong FM signals with aliasing if that is what you are using.
- The samp_rate is set to 100e3.  It should be the master clock rate of the e110 divided by an even number such as 64e6/256 (250e3).
- The quadrature rate in the WBFM receive block should be set to samp_rate (250e3) and the Audio decimation should be set to 5.
- The audio sink sample rate should be set to samp_rate/audio_decim (250e3/5=50e3). 50e3 is as close to the wanted audio sample rate of 48e3 that you are going to get without using one of the resampler blocks.

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET
Email: address@hidden