Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TDMA on Gnu Radio

From: Jawad Seddar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TDMA on Gnu Radio
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 13:45:47 +0200

Yes I am using only stock GNU Radio blocks.

I don't mind creating my own block for this, I just want to be sure that there is no easier way that already exists say in GRC or through a python wrapper (maybe using pmt).

On 04/02/2014 11:46 AM, Jawad Seddar wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have several USRP N210 and I want all of them to transmit using the
> same frequency. Since I cannot use FDMA (this is one of my requirements,
> not a GNU Radio/USRP limitation) then I thought I would give TDMA a try.
>
> I want to be able to tell a node not to transmit when it is not its turn
> and to transmit when its turn comes up. I saw the tag feature of GNU
> Radio (tx_sob, tx_eob in particular) but I do not know how to use them
> from my python flowgraph.

Are you only using stock GNU Radio blocks?

If you have your own blocks, it's really simple: Just insert a tx_sob on
the first sample of any burst, and a tx_eob on the last.

Martin