[Discuss-gnuradio] State of the art research

From: Alexander Buckley
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] State of the art research
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:52:53 +0000

Hello all

I have been trying to discover what is currently available in terms of open source, working out-of-the box, modules implemented in GNU Radio and the USRP, to use as a teaching aid with students.

I am interested in a few things, waveform generation, protocol stacks and signal analysis.

My questions:

1. Are there working examples for producing 3G, UMTS, LTE, WiMAX signals etc.? Are there implementations including MAC layer support?

2. Are there any implementations of a 'test vector analyser'?

3. What is available in terms of complete protocol stacks? I understand there is openBTS, though I read somewhere it is not yet compatible with the current version of GNU Radio. Is this true? What about openLTE?

4. Is there a repository for such projects that are updated that I have not come across yet?

I have yet to find any real solid leads in my research for solutions. There are vague references to such projects, or papers and examples circa 2009-11 that I think are now depreciated in terms of GNUradio 3.7 compatibility.

Any info/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alexander Buckley