[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Radar toolbox

From: Emanuel Mendoza
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Radar toolbox
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:47:57 -0500

Hi

My name is Emanuel Mendoza. I am studying Telecommunications Engineering in the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Peru. I have plenty experience programming in C/C++ and a little bit of python. These months, I have been working with FPGAs and microblaze processor for some commutation applications for which I won the semestral contest organized in my faculty. I would like to develop the radar toolbox so I was checking GNU radio code and some theory about that.
My approach to this project is to develop three modules:
First, the radar control module is for setting the modulation (I was thinking in sinusoidal, sawtooth and triangular) parameters and the OFDM.
Then, processing module, in which I would place the filters, and the necessary math for getting the range and the velocity from the doppler effect.
Finally, the visualization module which is just for displaying the range and the velocity of the last n samples, where n could be set up. I guess this could also be exported to a csv or json file.

I hope you can give me some feedback. Thanks in advance

Emanuel