Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running Flowgraph some a certain period of time

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running Flowgraph some a certain period of time
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:23:45 +0100

Hi Ruecan,

On 12.03.2014 22:52, Ruecan wrote:
> Hello GR,
>
> * Is there a way how to run my flowgraph for a given number of
> minutes/seconds then stop it.
Of course.
If what you really want to do is doing a certain number of samples,
the head block is what you need.

If your end condition really comes from outside, you should use
something like topblock.start(), [wait 5s, e.g. using time.sleep()],
toblock.stop(), topblock.wait()

> * I'd like to know too how to reconfigure my flowgraph (after I
> stop it from runtime) and resume its run after I changed for
> example the signal source at the begin of the flowgraph.

> I tried:
>
> My_flowgraph Description
>
> def MyRoutine(args): global tb . if (condition): tb.stop()
> myModifiedflowgraph.myModifiedflowgraph(args) . . .####.
>
> if __name__ == '__main__': global tb . .
> threading.Timer(10,myRoutine).start() tb.Run(True)
>
> My point here is that I need to run myModifiedflowgraph for a
> certain period of time then stop it and resume tb. FYI
> myModifiedflowgraph is the name of the other py script which
> contain the modifiedflowgraph called also myModifiedflowgraph. Any
> hints or explanations are well appreciated

This is not really reconfiguration, as far as I understand your
architecture. It is stopping and starting two different flowgraphs -
which is ok in theory, but you have to find a way to share the
hardware between the two. Which usually defeats the purpose of having
reconfigurable flowgraphs-adjusting your receiver structure to
changing environment.
In this case, it might be a good choide to disconnect() only the
blocks in tb that need to be replaced and connect() the new ones.

Greetings,
Marcus