Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoc2014 gr-trellis/turboeq proposal

From: kraemer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoc2014 gr-trellis/turboeq proposal
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:08:33 +0100

> On 12.03.2014 08:04, Jan Krämer wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I finally finished a first draft of my proposal for GSoC 2014 on
>> improvements for gr-trellis and a turboeq block.
>> It's available on github:
>>
>> https://github.com/SpectreJan/GSoC2014
>>
>> Please let me know what you think of it.
>
> "Adjust qa_trellis.py if necessary. Implementing VOLK library. Test for
> quality and benchmark for speed."
>
> It seems like you have something specific in mind, but "implementing
> VOLK library" is ambiguous. Can you be more specific here?
>
> Also, can we see some of your previous work?
>
> In general, very good proposal. But get rid of the typos if you want me
> on your side :D
>
> Martin

Hey,

thanks for the advice. Though I'm a bit bummed about the typos. Checked it
multiple times using a grammar/spell checker.

And yes, I already have thought about some tasks in both SISO and Viterbi
algorithm that could be accelerated by VOLK. Mainly final output
calculations and the calculation of the transition probabilities as both
of them are data parallel tasks.
I will update my proposal accordingly tomorrow.

best regards,
Jan