Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Multiple students working on an idea.

From: Niall Grant
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Multiple students working on an idea.
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 18:54:47 +0000

Hi All,

I am a Masters computing student (software focused) from Edinburgh, Scotland. I am looking to take part in GSoC this year. I am particularly interested in the Radar Toolbox idea. I am also looking to do my masters thesis on SDR in Maritime Search and Rescue and have experience in this area as a Lifeboat helmsman here in the UK.

In addition to the idea I'd like to investigate:

1. Whether there is a way of implementing an algorithm to reduce the noise of radar response in order to assist with target finding (thinking about noise from waves at sea).

2. Implementation on mobile device (Android).

Hope you can put me in touch with relevant mentor.

Best Wishes,
Niall