Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: audio_oss_sink

From: ikjtel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RuntimeError: audio_oss_sink
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 18:11:19 -0800 (PST)

>> missing dependency for audio support for Ubuntu

Hi Tom

op25 is more or less out of business without GR audio support - is there a way to add something in the gr-op25 pybombs recipe to specify that audio should be included as a 'depends' prerequisite? Thx to Scott for finding this and reporting it - many users would not be in a position to diagnose and repair this, so it would be better if we could automate it. To me it's not so much an issue specific to OSS, but rather a generic question of how to ensure that audio capability isn't omitted (whatever audio flavor the OS/distro happens to use for standard audio support).

The goal would I think be to get pybombs to build stuff in the correct order so that by the time it gets finished with gnuradio, audio is already done - that way it would not be necessary for the user to rebuild anything (which might be beyond the capability of many users). Ideally we want to get to a place where the end user just clones pybombs and runs 'pybombs install gr-op25' and all the necessary stuff happens behind the scenes - including audio support...

Thx & Best Regards

Max