Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble with SSB demod of real signal

From: Louis Brown
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble with SSB demod of real signal
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:13:21 -0600

Tom,

Thanks for that link.  The LFRX board has two separate inputs.  I'm only using
the one hooked to the I ADC, so the Q ADC is just noise, thus I discard the
imaginary output of the UHD source.  The UHD source center frequency is set to
0 Hz, so I'm direct sampling with no downconversion in the FPGA.  I'm moving
what's done in the FPGA into GNU Radio to get better rejection, thus I'm really
not discarding the imaginary part since there isn't one until after the
translating FIR.

I could drive both the I and Q ADC by splitting my received signal, but then I
have to deal with the imbalance between LFRX channels.

Thanks,

Lou, KD4HSO