[Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT sink on Raspberry Pi

From: Murat Toloğlu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT sink on Raspberry Pi
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:05:53 +0200

Hi Jim,

You’ve made a great help, thank you. GnuRadio together with GRC runs now on my RPi, modules Sinks and Sources appeared on GRC module menu and I could build Gqrx as well, it also works. As a side issue I think RPi’s onboard audio circuitry and/or audio drivers cause some incompatibility problems and GRC’s produced Python files are also problematical ( I appreciate your comments on these problems, can pulseaudio helps? )

Regarding install process, your recommended procedure worked quite well with a few comments: First, I needed to install SWIG to activate Python support. Second, my Gnuradio install directory was /usr instead of the default expected /usr/local so I made Cmake with install prefix as “cmake .. –DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr “ . I think adjusting Gnuradio install directory to /usr/local during “sudo apt-get install gnuradio” process can be a better solution but I don’t know yet how to make it (I’ll search).

I have to state also another issue that may be important and should be taken into consideration : Upon your first advise I added “deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie main contrib non-free rpi” line to the /etc/apt/sources.list file. But afterwards I realized that there is an existing line same as the new one but with  “wheezy”! Considering that this may cause problems I had applied the full Jessie install procedure explained here http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=47944  before I tried your recent recommendations. This took 2-3 hours operation and added about 1 GB new files, probably slows the RPi and I am not sure whether it was necessary or not. Today I will make a fresh Raspbian SD card and I’ll try again the full procedure from start but  without installing full Jessie.

Keep in touch,

73,

Murat