Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LPF in FM receiver

From: Aditya Dhananjay
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LPF in FM receiver
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:35:48 -0500

To continue: It is always easier to process signals in baseband (centered around 0) than it is to process RF signals (due to the high sampling rates required).

Given that the bandwidth you are interested in is in the order of 100kHz (typical of FM radio signals), it is easy to see why radio receivers are designed the way they are.