Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Equalization using channel estimates

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Equalization using channel estimates
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:08:42 -0800

On 05.02.2014 06:51, Mohammed Karmoose wrote:
Dear All,

I'm trying to perform a simple way of equalization in OFDM transmission.
I extracted the coefficients provided by the OFDM channel estimation
block, and sent them back to the transmitter using a TCP socket.

Are these coefficients valid to use in equalization, i.e., can I divide
the transmitted symbols by the corresponding channel coefficients, and
therefore achieve an almost unity channel taps?

This is impossible to answer. It depends on so many things. When done right, you *can* use channel coefficients to equalize, that's the whole point of channel estimation and equalization.

You might find the examples in gr-digital/examples/ofdm/*x_ofdm.grc helpful.

MB