Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Video Streaming Issue (most probably at rece

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Video Streaming Issue (most probably at receiving end)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 08:13:26 -0800

The signal level on the transmitter FFT seems very high.
Make sure that the IQ samples sent to the USRP are
not being clipped.

Ron

On 2/3/2014 7:54 AM, Syed Aqeel Raza wrote:
Hi,

Again, I did some more work and the details are as under.

1. I have created a single flowgraph without USRP hardware. For your reference the file is enclosed with the name of gmsk_file_transceiver.grc. This work fine and we can see the stream video output without any difficulty.

2. To continue further I splitted the above mentioned file into transmitter and receiver side along with the inclusion of USRP source and sink blocks, respectively. Their flowgraphs are enclosed with the name of gmsk_tx.grc and gmsk_rx.grc, respectively. The FFT plot shows that (vdo transmission.png enclosed) transmitter and receiver handshakes with each other but the signal difference between the transmitter and the receiver side is 80 dB. I further noticed that whenever I stopped the transmission the received signal at the receiver further drops to -120 dB.

I really get stuck in this issue for the last two days. I need your assistant to resolve this problem as I am a newbie in gnuradio using USRP platform.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Syed Aqeel Raza