Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with receiving signal from satellite Thur

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with receiving signal from satellite Thuraya-3
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:33:36 -0500

On 01/28/2014 09:24 PM, Cheng Chi wrote:
Hi,

I think it's TDMA/FDMA, not spread spectrum. Each channel is about 30KHz.

Best regards,
Cheng Chi

Make sure that you're tuned to the correct frequency, and that your link margins are adequate.  It could be that your antenna has insufficient
  gain for the signals coming from Thuruya.  The Iridium birds are *strong*, and also in fairly low orbits.

You might need a *real* LNA at those frequencies--a GPS LNA would work, except that you'd likely have to remove the 1575MHz filter.