Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some problems with library path when running test

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some problems with library path when running test and proposed fix
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:15:21 -0500

On Jan 26, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Volker Schroer <address@hidden> wrote:
> In brief: Depending on the settings make test does not always test what
> should test.

Hi Volker - If GNU Radio is already installed into the PREFIX provided to cmake
during configuration, then during "make test" some of the already-installed
libraries will be found and used instead of those just build.  This condition
can lead to some interesting "make test" errors!

I can say with confidence that the -built- libraries are all OK (I've checked
both the CMakeLists.txt files as well as used ldd or otool to see what linkage
is actually there; it's all good), it's just those found for -testing- which
can get mixed up.

This is a known problem for a while now (to me), and in my queue to work on
sooner or later.  I believe that the issue is more extensive than just adding
VOLK to the library dependency list for each component.  I encounter this in
MacPorts because, generally, the GNU Radio port is already installed when an
update comes along.  The nice part is that it's trivial to replicate in
MacPorts, and thus easy to see what needs to be fixed; and, the "how" part
isn't too difficult either, just takes perseverance and time.

Thanks for the information and patch! - MLD