Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] header_payload_demux_impl.cc - problem when using

From: Aditya Dhananjay
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] header_payload_demux_impl.cc - problem when using random bit stream (variable trigger location)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:02:01 -0500

Dear Martin,

Thanks for the ideas.

Two ideas:
- You could remove the sync block and sync your rx/tx paths with other
means (e.g. MIMO connector, it depends on your hardware). This makes the
sync influence independent of the noise.

Good idea, I will try it out once I get the cables.

- Reconsider if the phase rotation really makes your measurements
invalid. You'll have a phase rotation in any case (due to channel,
propagation time etc.). The timing-related phase offset is constant,
after all, and the phase difference between sub-carriers depends on the
sub-carrier distance, too. Perhaps it doesn't matter all that much?

That makes sense. I want to study the different phenomena that affect phase rotations in the channel. By eliminating the USRP hardware (by connecting the TX and RX blocks to each other through a channel model block), I can control the PDP of the simulated channel, for example.

Thank you for your inputs. This is very useful to me.

best regards,
aditya