Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1

From: Aditya Dhananjay
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:55:45 -0500

Dear All,

There is a variant of this issue that I discovered and would like to point it out to the community.

Synopsis: After the first time the header CRC fails, *all* subsequent packets fail.

Setup:

- GRC examples of Tx/Rx OFDM
- Noise source with a variable slider to control the amount of noise. The output of the Tx block is added with the output of the noise source.
- The output of this adder is connected to the Rx block.

Procedure:

- Start the experiment with 0 noise. We see that the packets are successfully decoded.
- Increase the noise, and we observe that the packet success rate begins to drop (payload CRC failures)
- Further increase the noise to force a header CRC failure.
- Decrease the noise back to 0. Notice that the packet success rate remains 0, even though the noise is 0.

This is highly repeatable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Aditya