Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-rds

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-rds
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:21:23 -0500

On Jan 14, 2014, at 1:24 AM, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden> wrote:
> ...I guess you are talking about changing the RPATH. Can you please point me
> to a module that does it right so that I can change it? I checked several but
> didn't find the relevant parts.

Not RPATH; that's messed up and I don't recommend using it any more than
necessary.  I'm taking about the absolute path.  See my prior email on this
subject.  Here's what you do in CMake to fix this:
{{{
    IF(APPLE)
        SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES([LIBRARY] PROPERTIES
            INSTALL_NAME_DIR "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${LIBRARY_DIR}"
        )
    ENDIF(APPLE)
}}}
where [LIBRARY] is the CMake name for the library as defined by the first
argument to ADD_LIBRARY, and LIBRARY_DIR is traditionally used to define where
libraries are installed.  You might use different names than this, but I think
you can figure this out.  If you add this to both the .so and .dylib
CMakeLists.txt files, it should fix this issue since CMake will then handle
setting both the self-id and then any linkage correctly both for "make test" as
well as after "install".

Let me know if you want more direct help. - MLD