[Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs issue

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs issue
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:15:42 -0500

I did an update to pybombs two days ago, and immediately gnuradio got to around 57% completion and just hung my Ubuntu 13.10 computer so hard, I couldn't get it to respond to ctrl-alt-del for over half and hour.

I tried again after doing a force rebuild on gnuradio and it was worse.  I long-hit the power button to do a reset.

I checked the pybombs defaults and it is makewidth = 4, but it certainly acts like it is ignoring this and doing

make -j

.  Further symptoms include a nonstop, hard green LED on disk writes on a 8 GB system.  I have never seen it actually go to a major use of virtual memory (if that is what is happening) until now.

I went into src/gnuradio/build and did a manual make -j4 and it worked perfectly, thus my diagnosis.

Bob

--
Bob McGwier
Co-Owner and Technical Director, Federated Wireless, LLC