[Discuss-gnuradio] followup: libgnuradio-fcd-3.7.3git.so.0.0.0: undefine

From: ikjtel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] followup: libgnuradio-fcd-3.7.3git.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to `libusb_handle_events_completed'
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 07:19:04 -0800 (PST)

OK, this error seems to be all fixed now, but as a result I now have a doubt about pybombs .

[The background of the problem is in the previous posting (yesterday) about this, but essentially the problem started when I changed the pybombs recipe for libusb in order to force pybombs to build libusb from source rather than to use the libusb-1.0-0-dev (that was originally set in "satisfy_deb"). ]

Once this was changed, pybombs did in fact fetch the libusb source and built that - however, subsequent compiles were still looking in /usr/include for the .h files (and finding the old, bad ones).  I bypassed that error.

Then the linker also bombed out, again where pybombs should have looked in its own built-from-source copy of libusb.  At that point I posted the first message about the linker problem late last night...

I offer the following message as 'documentation' of the claim that pybombs is still trying to link against the system copy of libusb and not its own local copy of libusb that it built from source...  Note that it prints the library location...

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libusb-1.0.so', needed by `gr-fcd/lib/libgnuradio-fcd-3.7.3git.so.0.0.0'.  Stop.

After I fixed that, gnuradio compiled cleanly under pybombs...

Best

Max