Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Services running on gnuradio.org have been upgrad

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Services running on gnuradio.org have been upgraded
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:48:21 -0500

I'm having difficulty accessing git://git.gnuradio.org/gnuradio - is this still the valid URL for git:// access?
I'll note that currently DNS is sending me to hertz.gnuradio.org as the current cname.

Did the cgit->gitweb transition change things at all in this regard?

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Johnathan Corgan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> All,
>
> Tom and I have migrated all the services for gnuradio.org onto a new
> server.  Almost everything is unchanged, except for running newer
> versions of all the software, including the Redmine web server software.
>
> Some exceptions:
>
> * The repository browsing service at http://gnuradio.org/cgit has now
> been migrated to http://gnuradio.org/gitweb, and has a different look
> and feel.  Some configuration remains to make the interface look like
> the rest of gnuradio.org.
>
> * Tom and I are using a different git system for pushing to the
> repositories (now gitolite vs. the older gitosis), so the commit
> messages to commit-gnuradio will look different and are much more verbose.
>
> * We now have a CAPTCHA system in place for signing up new users, which
> we are still working the kinks out of.  But this will allow new web
> accounts to be automatically upgraded to allow posting of issues and
> wiki edits.
>
> Aside from the above, you should not see any difference in URLs or
> functionality.  The new Redmine has a few new bells and whistles but
> nothing that requires relearning the interface.
>
> Please post here if you run into any issues.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Johnathan Corgan, Corgan Labs
> SDR Training and Development Services
> http://corganlabs.com

Just a quick update. I think that we fixed the issue with user registration.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Tom