Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message port connections in gr-blocks/examples/ms

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message port connections in gr-blocks/examples/msg_passing
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:20:05 -0500

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Nowlan, Sean
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I’m trying to learn the message passing API by reviewing the examples in
> gr-blocks/examples/msg_passing. Message ports are not connected upon opening
> GRC (this seems to be a gnuradio-wide problem – same thing happens with
> gr-ieee802-11). I know the workaround is to open each hier block and build
> so that code gets put in ~/.grc_gnuradio. However, I’m not sure how to hook
> up the ports as they were intended. Does anybody have screen captures of
> strobe.grc, test_msg_hier.grc, and test_msg_hier_topblock.grc with the ports
> connected correctly?
>

> Thanks,
> Sean

I wonder if the message connection problem is due to a fairly recent
change in how the message connections are displayed? We changed it
from a solid to a dashed line to make it easier to identify the
different types of connections.  Hopefully, once the connections are
remade using the new code, it'll stay that way. I'll try to fix things
up on my end and push the changes.

Sebastian, do you have any comments on this?

Tom