[Discuss-gnuradio] SNR or Other Metrics

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR or Other Metrics
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 23:22:24 -0500

I'd like to report some signal metrics for satellite downlinks.  SNR would seem to be one example, but most algorithms I see for SNR assume that you are generating a signal from a separate clean signal and noise source, each with known power.  What I have are recordings of real, narrow-band, digital FM signals.  I don't have a very strong DSP background.

Can anyone point me to a good textbook that covers such practical applications?

Thanks for your help!