Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio 3.7.2.1 Installation Problem

From: Monahan-Mitchell, Tim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio 3.7.2.1 Installation Problem
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:30:57 +0000

Hi, Nathan,

> I think this is a known bug we're currently trying to squash
> (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/582).

> I think this is the first report of a problem on x86 hardware; if we can't
> duplicate it on our machines would you mind if we bug you about testing out
> code in the following couple of days?

FYI, I cited x86 in addition to ARM in my original report of #582.

For my x86, gnuradio-config-info -v reports "3.7.1" (The GR tree is on maint
branch, at the 3.7.1 release commit).

My "hardware" is a 12.04 Ubuntu on top of VMWare:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 42
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
stepping        : 7
microcode       : 0x25
cpu MHz         : 3392.340
cache size      : 8192 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc up
arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology tsc_reliable nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni
pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt aes xsave avx hypervisor
lahf_lm ida arat xsaveopt pln pts dtherm
bogomips        : 6784.68
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

Let me know if I can send anything else to characterize my x86 "machine".

Regards,
Tim