Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected issue with file source and USRP source

From: Maria Stevens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexpected issue with file source and USRP source
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:58:17 +0500

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Maria Stevens <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, Only case 1 is working for me. I am not using any custom gnuradio-block in
> my receiver. Major blocks in my demodulator chain consists of FIR filters,
> gr_pfb_clock_sync_ccf and packet decoder along with some adders subtractors
> etc. what is the difference caused by the same demodulator chain when reading
> data directly from usrp source and from file source? is it because some of the
> demodulator chain blocks are causing back pressure due to taking too much time
> in processing but when run in real time it causes data loss during exchange of
> samples between blocks.? I am confused if in real time the

> gr_pfb_clock_sync_ccf block or any other major block stucks in processing
> during which samples are lost due to new incoming samples.

Are you observing overflows? If so, have you tried reducing the
bandwidth and see if that helps?

Thanks for your reply. I am not observing any overflows. I am using 500k sample rate. My system specs are 6GB RAM core i7 ubuntu 12.04.

What could be the issue ?

Regards.
M.S.

Any comments on this issue? Anything that i can try to cater this issue?

Regards
MS