Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] version 3.7 gr.remez problem

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] version 3.7 gr.remez problem
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 22:01:27 -0500

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM, kdag <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi, in this file:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/optfir.py
>
> there is a definition for a remez filter that uses the gr.remez function. It
> seems it,s not here anymore in the new version. How can I replace it?
>
> any hints appreciated since both the IRC channel and the search engine
> haven't really helped.
>
> tx!

Well, I have to say that I'm a bit hurt by this email. After all, I
did answer your question on IRC. Though you came back later with
another question, and also though you have given us very little
information to go on to help you.

First, as I explained on IRC, that function was renamed pm_remez and
is found in the filter module (from gnuradio import filter;
filter.pm_remez).

>From the looks of things, you have older code installed and now are
trying to use GNU Radio 3.7.x. We always recommend to remove any
(e.g., from 3.6 to 3.7). The new optfir.py file uses the pm_remez
function.

There many other changes that are similarly semantic between the
versions. You can get more information about the changes here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Move_3-6_to_3-7

Tom