Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Prevented in-tree build. This is bad practice. ??

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Prevented in-tree build. This is bad practice. ???
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:04:12 +0100

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 12:23:24PM +0200, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 12:03 PM, Martin Braun (CEL) wrote:
> > Also remember, this thread isn't only for your benefit, but for others
> > with similar problems who might read this now or find it in the archives
> > later.
>
> Point taken. However, I was not in-tree in that case unless I understand
> the expression "in-tree" wrong. It does mean "inside the directory where
> all the source files are", doesn't it?

Yes, although the error message is triggered when it finds specific
files inside the tree, even if you actually call cmake from outside the
tree. So if you do an in-tree build first, then realize your error, and
try the out-of-tree build afterwards, you still see the same error.

> > Now, the most common cause for your problem is leftover cmake files.
> > As I said, clean out the source dir before continuing.
>
> > I'm assuming you're able to ignore my suggestion in that case and clean
> > the directory using other methods.
>
> rm -rf gnuradio-3.7.2
> rm -rf gr-build
> tar xzf gnuradio-3.7.2.tar.gz
> md gr-build
> cd gr-build
> cmake ../gnuradio-3.7.2
>
> => same result

OK, that's unusual and I can't reproduce it here even by copy & pasting
the commands and doing exactly the same. You could try 3.7.2.1 (although
I couldn't say why 3.7.2 wouldn't work) and using other build
directories.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)