[Discuss-gnuradio] trouble with gr_multiply_const_ff

From: atools_cook
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] trouble with gr_multiply_const_ff
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 18:56:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I'm working on the gen2_reader project and got some trouble with the amp
block. We use the gr_multiply_const_ff to amplify the power of signal.

amp = gr.multiply_const_ff(amplitude)
tx = uhd.usrp_sink(options.args,        uhd.io_type.COMPLEX_FLOAT32,
num_channels=1,)
self.connect(self.reader, amp, to_complex)
self.connect(to_complex, tx)

I found an threshold of amplitude, when amplitude < 40, the signal tx block
transmited looks like the amp20,png (that what we want) and when amplitude
>= 40, the signal is just the same to amp5000.png which get several peaks in
the signal we want to eliminate.

As the amplitude reflect the power of signal we transmit and need to be set
at least 5000 to power the tag, so we have to eliminate the peaks.

Is there some methods to deal with the amplitude, or just replace the
multiply_const_ff block with any other blocks?

Thanks for any advice

Lee

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n45018/amp20.png>

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n45018/amp5000.png>