Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HELP! - Problem with radio application deploy

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HELP! - Problem with radio application deploy
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:58:15 -0500

How do you determine the size of taps? How much of a difference does setting the transition width from 1MHz to 10MHz make?

Generally, the wider the transition width, the fewer taps.

You can use the "firdes" functions, which is what the low-pass filter blocks call in gnuradio, then take their output into a variable and
  have another variable be len(filter).