[Discuss-gnuradio] HELP! - Problem with radio application deploy

From: Paul B. Huter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] HELP! - Problem with radio application deploy
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:35:42 -0600

I am trying to deploy my radio application (using GRC), and I am running into a problem. I am sampling at 50MHz and trying to pare things down to 30MHz using a Low Pass Filter, defined as follows:

Decimation = 50
Gain = 1
Sample Rate = samp_rate (50M)
Cutoff Freq = 30000000 (30M)
Transition Width = 1000 (1k)

I get an error telling me cutoff frequency is greater than sample rate / 2 (30 > 50/2).

How can I get down to 30MHz? I do intend to look at smaller "chunks" of data at a time, so I am perfectly okay with taking data at 50MHz and cutting it down later, I just wanted to avoid gather unnecessary data.

Thanks!