Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What am I really seeing?

From: Paul B. Huter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What am I really seeing?
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 05:51:29 -0800

Thanks for the response.

I am using a USRP2 N210 with the shortwave receiver daughterboard. When I was playing around, I was getting an error when I set the sample rate on the USRP source to 30MHz, and was told it had something to do with dividing 100 by 30 and not getting an integer (you get 3.33333), so it was recommended I use 25 or 50, with 25 giving more resolution on the results. If I am setting the rate to 50MHz on the source and 30MHz on the FFT sink, and I am actually seeing (and ultimately recording with a file sink) the whole shortwave spectrum, I will be satisfied.

Thank you.

Paul B. Huter

Andrew Davis <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello, first I think you meant sample rate, not size. Who said you cant use 30Mhz, what kind of hardware are you using? Lastly the FFT algorithms do not deal with frequency in that way, you are still seeing 0-50Mhz spectrum, just the label now says 50Mhz.

Andrew