[Discuss-gnuradio] Reading RSSI Values with GRC

From: Naceur
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reading RSSI Values with GRC
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:50:41 -0800 (PST)

Hello GR list,

I am intending to read RSSI values on a RX (USRP N210),
I have found in the post of Marcus D. Leech in
https://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1857766

10*LOG10(DECIMATE(SINGLE_POLE_IIR_FILTER(COMPLEX_TO_MAG**2(SIGNAL))))

Using GRC, I tried to implement that method of calculation as shown in the
attached figure,

1/ Is the flowgraph correct, or is there any missing block (decimation ?) ?
2/ Then, how can I read in human readable format (ASCII) the RSSI values
(expected to be in dBm) from the test_RSSI.txt file sink ?
3/ Is there a way to command the duration of execution of a flowgraph within
GRC () ?
4/ How can I format the test_RSSI.txt file sink to obtain single RSSI values
per line ?

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n44750/25.png>

Any explanations are welcome,
Regards,