Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about Cycle Detection in GNU Radio

From: Tommy Tracy II
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about Cycle Detection in GNU Radio
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 04:24:38 -0000

What about passing

Tommy James Tracy II
Ph.D Student
High Performance Low Power Lab
University of Virginia
Phone: 913-775-2241

On Jul 9, 2013, at 5:46 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 07/09/2013 08:25 PM, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On 07/09/2013 05:06 PM, Tommy Tracy II wrote:

I am working on a GNU Radio Router block that will serve as a
communication block between multiple flow graphs. My router will
receive information via TCP, and then send it to several other
blocks to be processed. After those blocks have completed their
processing, my original idea was to take that data and return it
to the router to be sent back to a different node. This would
introduce a cycle in the flow graph. Is there any way to disable
cycle prevention?

There is no way to disable cycle prevention; the GNU Radio
scheduler algorithm requires streaming ports to be a directed
acyclic graph.

However, this applies to streaming ports only.  It's possible
(though probably lower in performance) for you to encapsulate data
into async messages and use message ports connected in an arbitrary
topology.

Checkout the advanced scheduler. There is no problem with feedback
loops, and there is no penalty for passing buffers as messages instead
of streams: https://github.com/guruofquality/gras/wiki

-josh