Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block fo

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block for GNURadio using GPU acceleration
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:46:30 +0100

Hi,

> Can we control any options on the sink?  For example frequency scale,
> waterfall rate, etc.  A callback would be nice too.  I'd like to use the
> fosphor sink in my gr-kx3 script that I use to control my HF  transceiver.

For the moment not much. You have some basic key control of the power
scale with the keys.

But that's the next item in the TODO list :
 - Proper frequency scale with set_center_freq / set_sample_rate
 - Click to tune call back
 - Cursors

Waterfall rate is probably going to be later. There is currently a 1:1
ration between each FFT computed and each line of the waterfall
texture.

Since the whole idea being fosphor is to never just "drop" data, to
slow down the waterfall, multiple FFT results must be "aggregated"
with either min/max/avg functions and that's a bit more tricky to
implement.

Cheers,

    Sylvain