Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP to transmit and receive samples

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP to transmit and receive samples
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:48:39 +0200

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 09:06:24PM -0500, JPL wrote:
> Hello, Martin
>

> 1. Would you please tell me where the "manual page" is?

It's in the manual.
You go to gnuradio.org, click 'C++ manual', then 'Related Pages', then
'Tagged Stream Blocks'.

> Because I cannot understand
>
> How the Vector source works (tagged_streams.make_lengthtags((packet_len,),
> (0,).length_tag_name)?
>
> and where the "Import"block grab the value from (from gnuradio.digital.utils
> import tagged_streams), (import numpy), and (import random)?
>
> I just need to know how vector source related to those import block
>

> 2. And you are saying keep "vector source" block not replace with "file
> source"
> block.
>
> How can vector source import and read my *.dat?

You will have to load the .dat into a variable and then pass that to the
vector sink. It's not the most user-friendly method, I admit, but the
tagged stream blocks are still pretty new and we're only just figuring
out use-cases.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)