Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Complex to bits

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Complex to bits
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:26:42 +0530

HI Gui,
          why did you connect to two byte vector to stream blocks. Is it like one for the real part and one for the imaginary part?

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Gui Ritter <address@hidden> wrote:
Yesterday, during the night, I tried my luck on the #gnuradio IRC channel. One <kpreid> was kind enough to point me in the right direction. Up to this point I had no idea I could connect ports of different types. So, starting from the FFT's output, I connected that to a complex Vector to Stream, as one would do normally, then I connected that to a byte Vector to Stream (1, gr.sizeof_gr_complex (which is 8)), then I connected that to a byte Vector to Stream (gr.sizeof_gr_complex, 1), then I had a byte stream which I could safely unpack and pack and get the bits to work with.

Thanks for all the help.