Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using osmo-sdr with usrp

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using osmo-sdr with usrp
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 20:22:12 +0200

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Dincer Beken <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> to use the OSMO-SDR blocks with the USRP, I want to use the uhd_source_c.h
> and uhd_source_c.
>
> Without doing anything I cannot use thefunctions like get_sample_rate.
>
> What do I need to include from OSMO-SDR?

The uhd_source_c.h and uhd_source_c.cc files contain private classes
and applications are not supposed to use them. In fact, applications
can not use them since the header is not installed in include/osmosdr/

The purpose of the osmosdr block is to provide access to a wide
variety of hardware using a single API available via
include/osmosdr/source.h and include/osmosdr/sink.h and the other
utility headers available in the same directory. You create objects of
type osmosdr::source::sptr and osmosdr::sink::sptr and specify the
device type in the device string (args parameter to the constructor).
For example, the simplest contrsuctor for creating a UHD source is:

osmosdr::source::sptr src = osmosdr::source::make("uhd");

then use the API available in source.h to work with the object. The
syntax and options for the constructor argument is described here:
http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GrOsmoSDR#Devicespecification

Alex