Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross Compiling ORC-0.4.18

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cross Compiling ORC-0.4.18
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:42:26 -0500

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Brandon Ess <address@hidden> wrote:
All,

I'm trying to cross compile ORC so I may use it during compilation of the UHD driver and GNURADIO.

When cross compiling on Ubuntu 12.04 x86-64 for ARM I get the following errors:

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf  --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf cxxflags="-mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -funsafe-math-optimizations -mfloat-abi=hard " cflags="-mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -funsafe-math-optimizations -mfloat-abi=hard "  --prefix=/opt/orc-arm-cross/orc-0.4.18/test-build

<output cut>
libtool: link: gcc -Wall -I.. -g -O2 -o .libs/generate-bytecode generate_bytecode-generate-bytecode.o  ../orc/.libs/liborc-0.4.so -lm -lrt -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/orc-arm-cross/orc-0.4.18/test-build/lib
../orc/.libs/liborc-0.4.so: undefined reference to `orc_arm_get_cpu_flags'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [generate-emulation] Error 1
../orc/.libs/liborc-0.4.so: undefined reference to `orc_arm_get_cpu_flags'
<output cut>

orc_arm_get_cpu_flags is defined in orcarm.h and all the headers are or $ORC_ROOT/orc but when it needs this one header is cannot find it. I've made sure #include orcarm.h is in orcarm.c but it cannot find it during compilation.

So I then manually define it with: -Iorc/orcarm.h during the ./configure process and it still doesn't find it.

ORC 0.4.18 compiles just fine natively on both x86-64 and ARM so my current workaround is to just compile natively on the ARM platform and copy over the necessary ARM files to the x86 cross compile environment so UHD and GNURADIO can use them.

Any ideas why ORC won't cross compile?

-Brandon