Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1

From: Monahan-Mitchell, Tim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:25:50 +0000

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 04:57:55PM -0700, Daniel Domínguez wrote:
>> The solution I found was to set the Fixed Frame Length parameter to 1
>> on the OFDM Frame Equalizer block of the "Header Stream".

> 1 is the correct setting. I'm currently adding a tx into the example so it
> runs as-is (like benchmark).

It would be interesting to keep the original diagram, and then also show a
replacement diagram that instead uses the OFDM Demod block and any other newer
ones that consolidate the equivalent function.

> The reason: The headers have constant length, therefore it is not necessary
> to propagate them as tagged streams. The way the header/paylod demux work, it
> splits off the header and passes that regularly. There's no need to generate
> a length tag.

Maybe that explains why my earlier issue about the Length Tag Key value for
that same block does not matter (see GR issue # 593), since "1" implies it is
not needed.