Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AGC and Dynamic Range of ADC

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AGC and Dynamic Range of ADC
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:42:48 -0400

Well that is 80 dB of dynamic range inside the Nyquist zone (at best and let's call it N).  I can add a "bit" of increase in dynamic range by downsampling (filter and decimation) and growing the accumulator size by a bit for each decimation by 4.  This will increase dynamic range.  I don't believe this is happening to a large extent in the N210 unless it is included in you 80 dB number which I believe is you just doing 14 bits of ADC is 80 dB.

Bob