Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Presentations on USRP and GNU Radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Presentations on USRP and GNU Radio
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 18:24:01 +0200

Not unethical, actually. You're avoiding to reinvent the wheel. Welcome to open source.

Have you taken a look at http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsCoreConcepts ? That easily becomes "What's GR in four (or less) slides". Skip all the advanced stuff after "so what does GR do?".

To incorporate the USRP into your presentation, I would most probably use the following logic structure:

- What is Software Radio?
- Use Flowgraphs, they're handy!
- GNU Radio is the tool of choice
- Now we can process "theoretical" samples. Nah. We wont real world signals and we want them now!
- Here's the USRP. It does all the "ugly" analog stuff. you get the samples - you get the power.

Hope this is useful as some kind of inspiration,
Greetings
Marcus