Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding Boost message queue

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding Boost message queue
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:17:35 -0400

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM, NaceurElOuni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developping some source code using a boost shared pointer
> gr_message_sptr
> which is retrieving from a queue (gr_msg_queue_sptr),
> The issue is that when calling :
>
>  gr_message_sptr mesg = queue->delete_head_nowait();
>
> from within a while loop (BTW the queue itself is being passed from a thread
> function to a subsequent function which process it),
>
> I got an error stated as:
>
> ... /usr/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:424: T*
> boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = gr_message]: Assertion
> `px != 0' failed.
> Aborted (core dumped),
> Even after googling the issue I got no clear explanation of am I doing wrong
> or missing.
>
> All clarifications are welcome, thank you,
>
> Regards,

This is very little information to go on. But it looks like you aren't
initializing your messages correctly.

It's core dumping. Do a search for how to create a core dump file and
read it with gdb; that can give you a lot more information about where
and why things are breaking.

--
Tom
GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4