[Discuss-gnuradio] Reminder - Hackfest 2013

From: John Malsbury
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reminder - Hackfest 2013
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:28:56 -0700

Greetings,

Tom and I wanted to send a brief reminder about the hackfest that is being held in conjunction with GNU Radio Conference 2013. We've proven that hackfests are an invaluable way for us to interact and accelerate GNU Radio development. To name a few features/projects that have been made successful through these events: the new message passing API, PDUs, ControlPort, OFDM reference designs, etc. To maximize productivity, we thought we would share some notes on the list:

Getting Involved

Since this is a 1-day hackfest, it would be great if we all had some idea of what we will be working on. If you would like to share your projects, or even suggest some, feel free to email Tom, myself, or the mailing list. We'll summarize thoughts/ideas/plans on a wiki page before the conference, and keep it up-to-date during the event.

Its a Global Event

If you can't attend the event in person, there's no reason to feel left out! While we do recommend getting to the hackfest the next time around, it would still be awesome if you could participate and contribute to a project remotely. Throughout the hackfest, we'll be communicating through the GNU Radio IRC channel, Twitter, etc.

Previous Hackfests

If you haven't had the chance to attend a GNU Radio hackfest before, these links should give you an idea of what they're like:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Hackfest1211

http://gnuradio.squarespace.com/home/2012/10/2/grcon12-hackfest.html

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23grhack13&src="">

https://twitter.com/spenchdotnet/status/343106359459471360/photo/1