Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Compiling Multimon

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Compiling Multimon
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:41:52 -0400

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM, John <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/11/13 20:14, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
>
>> You can pull the .grc into gnuradio-companion, although that might not
>> work out that well, since the block-names changed across 3.7.
>

> When I do this a large percentage of blocks/connectors do mot render.

Yes, as Marcus said, a lot of names have changed in 3.7 so the same
blocks aren't recognized from your .grc file.

There are a few ways you can go about fixing it. The easiest would be
to have a version of 3.6.5.1 installed on your system. When you open
up your .grc file, look for any block with "(old)" in the name. Those
are blocks that will disappear in 3.7. You can just find the new
version of that block (same name without the "(old)") and replace it.
When you then open the newly saved grc file in 3.7, those blocks will
still be there.

You can also just edit the .grc. XML file yourself. Most of the
changes are from "gr.someblock" to "block.someblock" (or
"filter.someblock" or "analog.someblock"), but this way requires
either a lot of intimate knowledge about the new locations of blocks
or looking at each block and locating what the new block name and its
new location are.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4