Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF and gnuradio?

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF and gnuradio?
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 12:37:34 -0400

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any out here with experience in getting bladeRF being usable with
> gnuradio/grc? So far I followed the usual steps, bladerf and gr-osmosdr
> compiled, but as documentation is  being far from getting finished, I only
> reach the point of loading manually the FPGA image, nothing more :(
> Furthermore, with the latest changes in code bladeRF even does not compile
> any more...

There was a recent change which added a call to libusb_get_version()
which doesn't exist in 1.0.9 of libusbx.  So if you're running that,
you should consider updating to a newer version.  I know it exists in
1.0.12 and later.  What version of libusbx are you using?  Is it a
possibility to update?  version 1.0.17 was recently released.

    https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx

> I know the forum, but I prefer mailing lists like this - maybe there even is
> some active bladeRF list?

We've gone through some restructuring of the library and where it's
installed to so if you've potentially got a stale version somewhere
you're not expecting it to be, that might cause issues.

After moving to libusb instead of a straight kernel driver, the
current work to go on the driver right now is to interface with the
asynchronous stream instead of using the synchronous transmit and
receive interface.  The kernel driver did a bit of pseudo asynchronous
shenanigans on the synchronous interface whereas the libusb
synchronous interface does not.  This will limit the effective
samplerate, but we're working on getting it resolved.

As for any other issues - anything specifically you're seeing that is
an error and stopping the flowgraph?

Brian