Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] read GPSDO data with Gnuradio-Companion

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] read GPSDO data with Gnuradio-Companion
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:52:05 -0700

On 08/29/2013 07:27 PM, Francois Quitin wrote:
> Had no response to my previous email, so I try to give it another shot:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know if it's possible to read the GPSDO data (more specifically
> the GPS time) with GNURadio-companion. I understand there are simple
> commands to read this data in C++ or python, and I'd like to know if it's
> possible in GRC.

Think of GRC as a topology editor. So what you want is probably a block
that reads USRP sensors (like GPSDO) and outputs those messages onto a
message port. Then you would want a second block to consume these
messages. The consumer could be anything, perhaps its just a port on a
larger more complicated control-plane kind of block, or maybe its just a
block that prints to stdout.

> I'm familiar with programming GRC blocks and working with time-tags. Does
> the GPSDO attach some tag on a sample when sending it's pps signal that I
> could retrieve in GRC?

There is a block like I described above in GREX:
https://github.com/guruofquality/grex/wiki/Blocks#wiki-uhd-status-block

-josh