Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.6.4.2 test fail

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.6.4.2 test fail
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:56:22 -0400

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Nemanja Savic <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, thank you Tom, I'll try with installing. All this mess about version
> came cause I need to implement message passing, and thus I designed two
> blocks, message receiver and mesage sender. Si, the blocks are pretty
> simple, but I have following error when running:
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/test/msg_sender.py", line
> 33, in __init__
>     out_sig=[None])
>
> and this at the end of traceback:
> TypeError: data type not understood
>
> Because of this I assume that my version doesn't support this kind of python
> blocks. How can I check that?

You can check the release notes:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ChangeSets

But your problem is complaining about a type error, not the message
passing infrastructure itself. This page might help you:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_msg_passing.html

Also, if you're changing the topic to ask these questions, please
either start a new thread or change the subject line.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4