[Discuss-gnuradio] Off-line signal processing (GR in slow motion)

From: Monahan-Mitchell, Tim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Off-line signal processing (GR in slow motion)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:33:53 +0000

I know that a source block of live IQ samples set to a certain sampling rate is
equivalent to a File source of IQ samples followed by a Throttle block set to
that same sampling rate. So far so good.

But suppose the system cannot keep up with a live IQ stream, or the equivalent
File + Throttle and do all the desired signal processing. Is there another way
to process a file of captured samples without a throttle block, yet produce
equivalent results output to another file?

Here is an example to illustrate the question:

Live example:
USRP -> AM Radio Demodulation, produces audio data -> Audio Sink

Off-line example (3 separate flowgraphs, run one at a time):

1. USRP --> File
2. File --> AM Radio Demodulation, produces audio data --> File
3. File --> Throttle @ audio rate --> Audio Sink

Note that #2 can take as long as needed to complete, no issues with loss of
data.

If so, how would I set up flowgraph #2 above?

Regards,
Tim