[Discuss-gnuradio] best transmitter/receiver setup for large coverage

From: dilip thapa
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] best transmitter/receiver setup for large coverage
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:03:48 +0530

Hi,

I am using usrp2 and gnuradio 3.3.0.
I want to use benchmark_tx.py as transmitter and benchmark_rx.py as receiver.
so that multiple receiver at distance of around 1 KM should get good signal strength.

So could you please let me know the best options for tx and rx waveform, so I could get the maximum range of coverage.
best options means:

transmitter frequency, tx gain, tx amplitude and rx-gain, if there is any other then let me know.

I need this to do spectrum sensing with energy detection.

with Thanks,
Dilip