Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help: Constellation receiver Object Types

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help: Constellation receiver Object Types
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:28:04 -0400

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Martin Braun (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 04:28:49PM -0700, tom sutherland wrote:
>> I wanted to use the Constellation Receiver Block for QAM16 but the Class
>> Reference only shows 8PSK, BPSK, DPSK PSK, and QPSK. Can this be used for
>> 16QAM?
>
> There's no 16QAM object derived from gr::digital::constellation,
> unfortunately. There's a 16QAM-receiver on the python side (checkout
> qam.py).
>
> MB

But you can make your own constellation with whatever symbol map and
constellation points you want. If you have the latest version of GNU
Radio checked out of git, there is a 'Constellation Object' GRC block
that helps with this. You give it a list of complex points for the
constellation and a list of symbols of 0 to (k-1) for the mapping of
the bits to constellation points.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4